Monday, June 23, 2008

On to Cork!

Hey all. i'm still alive and safe. thanks for your prayers. i've been in Dublin for a total of 4 days now. After settling in i've really begun to love this place. I went to an Irish Premier League Football (soccer) match. Which was alot of fun. I must say the fans here are insane!! I went to Trinity College and played football with my 5 new English roomates who are a blast. I've known them for a total of 36hrs and I'm probably going to stay with them when I get to England. I did a history tour of medieval Dublin and learned alot about Ireland and the conflict between Ireland and England which was awesome. I'm writing alot of this down in my journal so I can give details later. But tomorrow I will be taking a bus to Cork which is in the Southwest region of Ireland some would say this is the direction you have to go to get to the REAL Ireland because there is a more Gaelic Presence and less tourists as well (also that you have a harder time understanding their accents). I'm very excited and can't wait to see you all soon.

Love, Hugs, & Cheers!

p.s. will post pics when possible!!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Awesome awesome awesome. Ben it sounds like you're having a great time. County Cork is beautiful. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Kevin and Lisa Strong

Ben said...

Hi Strongs!!! I really am enjoying myself. thanks for the comment. heading to the cliffs of moher tomorrow. hope to hear from you soon!