Monday, June 30, 2008

Dublin, Sweet Dublin

Hello everyone!

I arrived in Dublin for the second time (and not the last). After riding bikes all day yesterday across the Aran Island of Inishmore, I am very exhasted and ready for a quick rest today. (google pics of Inishmore, gorgeous. it's also an island where the citizens speak irish first and english second) Although many people dislike Dublin, I find it very efficient because it's so tourist friendly. Like I am able to get cash, use a phone (for very cheap), and log online to keep you all updated. Another reason I like it here is that the weather is much more similar to California, sunshine and very little rain!
I am just about finished with my Ireland tour and I must say despite the rain I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. The Irish are so hospitable and extremely welcoming. Just about any person will sit down and talk to you in a Pub, they are so interested in your story because they are storytellers by nature. (This place really feels like it's a part of me) There is also such rich history here and I love learning about the various struggles and battles these hardy people have endured. They don't associate the Irish as fighters for nothing. Definitely the next time I post I will be in England so I will be parting with the Land of Erin and seeking new adventures in England.

Cheers to a wonderful place!

No comments: