Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rules for London

Hi guys:

Ireland is now behind me and today I started my sightseeing. I've already visited Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, and the Eye of London. In a bit I'm off to Trafalgar Square and the Tower of London, what beautiful sights! Tomorrow I'm off to meet the cousins and I'm very excited since they were so close to Aunt Dulcie and my Nana.
Yesterday I arrived in London safely on my flight. Although it took me almost 3 hours to find my hostel. Not to mention I was in jeans and a jacket (prepared for Irish weather) when it was about 80 degrees outside. After walking way out of the way to find a tourist center I then took a bus ride for 2 pounds back to where I started. When I thought I had passed it because I was tired and exhausted from my day of travel, I left the safety of the bus only to find I still had to walk what seemed like miles to my hostel. So because of this experience for any of you who plan to come to London, take my advice and follow these rules and you will avoid the troubles I had.


Rule 1: Read your city map carefully, slowly, and calmly. Hyde Park is MASSIVE and the Kensington Gardens are a part of this park.
Rule 2: Do NOT (under any circumstances!) attempt to walk Hyde Park to find your hostel.
Rule 3: If you must go to tourist office for help, and they suggest taking the bus, stay ON bus for as long as possible. Do NOT get off just because you think you've ridden a long time. Rule 4: Do NOT attempt to walk Hyde Park!!!

Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEN!
I am so glad you're enjoying you're trip. Sorry I couldn't get to the phone the other day :( I love you and miss you!!
Love, Mimi.